|match reports||rogues gallery||club stuff|
Old Otliensians was formed by members of Prince Henry’s G.S.in 1926 and a full fixture list was arranged for season. 1926-27 and by 1934 the ‘Ensians had two teams.
After the war Otliensians reformed in 1947, mainly through the efforts of Secretary Mr. Ron Mountain and in the season 1948-49 two teams were firmly established. In 1958-59, Otliensians won the Yorkshire Shield by defeating Castleford by 17-3 pts. In 1966 a lease on the present land was obtained and after hard work preparing the ground, the first changing rooms were erected and the Club moved from playing at PHGS. In 1968-69 the 3rd team was established and this was followed by a 4th team in 1972-73.
In 1971 the Clubhouse was extended and the following year, the grounds were purchased with the assistance of a loan from the RFU and grants from Otley U.D.C. and the DOE. After further improvements, the Clubhouse was opened in 1973 with a game against the Anti- Assassins. In 1980-81 Ensians lost in the Silver Trophy final 3-0 pts to Wheatley Hills and were winners of Yorkshire League Two in season 1990-91.
The new Clubhouse was opened in 1993 and in 1995-96 we lost the play-off to Sunderland for promotion to N.E Two. Following League re-organisation in 1999-2000, Ensians went into League Three and were demoted in 2002-03 into League Four. In the current season Ensians finished 3rd in that League. The Club currently runs three teams.
Club colours : royal & navy blue shirts with white flashes; navy shorts; royal, navy and white socks.